...because whether you have 15 minutes or an hour and 15 minutes...creating yummy meals for ones you love can be simple...

Thursday, December 2, 2010

::'tis the season::

okay, okay...i may be putting myself way out there, admitting my ignorance?! But, on the other hand, my honesty here could quite possibly enlighten any of you who are also living in unaware ignorance!

what could possibly be so enlightening, you ask?!


Hot Cocoa, of COURSE!!!


and what was my "a-ha" moment?? Well, here it goes: I thought that the only way you could make hot chocolate was to buy "Cadbury's" mix (or something of the like) and mix it with boiling water!! Seriously!!! But have you READ the ingredients?!?!?! If I feel like drinking hot chocolate, that's ALL I want...not any/all of the other 12-15 remaining ingredients that are added to the store bought junk...thank.you.very.much!

I, who consider myself quite knowledgeable in the food/drink department, had NO IDEA that it was SO SIMPLE to make hot chocolate...from scratch!!

So...this is for you! If you, like me, just received an "a-ha" moment...

to make ONE CUP of Cocoa: (double, triple or quadruple accordingly!)

1 c whole milk
1 Tbsp cocoa
1-2 Tbsp sugar (gauge depending on how sweet you like it)

** the key thing is to mix the dry ingredients with a few Tbsp of cold milk until it dissolves...and THEN add that syrup to your hot milk ;)

....your welcome!

Pour the warm chocolaty goodness into a festive mug and top with some nummy mini marshmellows (say that 5 times fast!) heehee...you did, didn't you! ;p

SO SIMPLE...SO GOOD!
enjoy...

1 comment:

rachel joy said...

I agree! Martha Stewart has a recipe to make a big batch of the cocoa/sugar so I've had that in my cupboard for ages. I kind of forgot about it and was getting the individual packages of Carnation. Then when I started with Epicure, I dared to look at the ingredients of that stuff.. I won't go back! I've even added a bit of Epicure's Gingerbread Spices to my container of the mix. Takes Martha's blend over the top! * This is not a paid promotion for VE. *