...because whether you have 15 minutes or an hour and 15 minutes...creating yummy meals for ones you love can be simple...

Thursday, July 19, 2012

chirizo rosé

ok, let's pretend it hasn't been over a year a while since my last post...

Let's pretend I've kept regular updates and we don't need to try and find excuses explain my absence - because I can't...other than to say, life gets busy with 3 littles!!

So, I made a comment on Facebook the other week that I had just enjoyed a delicious meal of spaghetti and a super simple - but-oh-so-good - sauce...and had some comments that I should post it here!

Now I may have looked at the comments and wondered what incredible magazine they were referring to, and then I may have eventually realized that it was my own blog to which they referenced...but we will never know ;)

Anyhoo...back to the recipe...

I was trying to think of something other than the every-day spaghetti and meat sauce when I remembered a Jim's favourite meal from a local pasta place...

So, I remembered it for my next shopping trip and grabbed some chirizo (mild, but you could use spicy...or any/none sausage if you prefer) and some fresh basil...the rest I already had in my fridge/pantry...

finely slice your chirizo and throw into a preheated-to-high pan...

 


 this it the rest of the "stuff" you'll need (missing in the pic is cream cheese and fresh basil)
 

 after you've got some GOOD colour on the meat, remove from pan and set aside, leaving all the drippings in the pan...then throw in your minced garlic, sliced onion and a few scoops of sundried tomatoes...until you can really smell them
 



 de-glaze the pan with a shot of water and then add a can of crushed tomatoes and throw the meat back in...

 

 once it's all heated up...add some S&P and some sugar...maybe 2 tbsp?
 

 while the sauce is simmering, chop your veggies - whatever you like, this is all I had in my fridge
 

 once you put on your pasta water, add a few spoons full of cream cheese...stir it in well, bring back to a simmer...
 

 once your pasta water has boiled...and you've got the pasta in...throw your veggies in the sauce (this will ensure they don't overcook...














once your pasta is done (imagine a picture of this :))...throw it into the sauce and sprinkle a generous portion of fresh basil and Parmesan over it all....

MMmmmmmm....ENJOY!













1 comment:

kelly ens said...

YUMMY! We are loving chorizo lately :) looks delish!